Heatmiser Wireless Air Sensor
The Wireless Air Sensor can be used with the Touch V2, Edge and Neo System and can be used as a single temperature sensor or as part of a group when an averaged temperature reading is required.
The Wireless Air Sensor pairs directly with the Touch v2 and Edge whereas with the Neo System the Wireless Air Sensor is paired to the neoHub Gen 2 and then linked to the appropriate zone.
Using the Wireless Air Sensor with the Neo System
With this new addition, your Neo system is now even smarter. The wireless air sensor allows you to measure the temperature from a single wireless air sensor or multiple sensors if you are looking to average the temperature over a larger area.
Our Wireless Air Sensor pairs to the neoHub Gen 2 using the Android or iOS apps. Once linked, you can decide how the system will operate;
- Monitoring – This allows you to simply measure the temperature in another area of your home.
- Pair to Zone – This allows you to pair the sensor to a neoStat you already have setup in your system.
If you select Pair to Zone, you now have 2 options.
- Averaging – If you select this option, the thermostat will average the temperature with the internal sensor in the thermostat.
- Remote Only – If you select this option, the internal sensor will be turned off and the remote sensor will become the air sensor for the zone selected. If you then pair additional remote sensors, they system will then give an averaged reading.
Range: 40 meters open space. Please note the wireless sensor pairs directly to the neoHub and does not benefit from the mesh network. Therefore you may require additional neoPlug or Boosts to extend the signal around your home.
RF Frequency: 868MHz
IP Protection: IP20
Important Neo Compatibility Notes
- RF Sensor support is only available on the neoHub Gen 2. To determine if you have a neoHub Gen 2, look at the rear of your neoHub for a label marked “2nd generation” If in doubt contact our support team on 01254 669090.
- The RF sensors are not visible in HomeKit
- The RF sensors communicate directly to the neoHub. Depending on signal strength in your home, you may require additional boosters such as the neoPlug or Boost available here.
- For compatible thermostats, consult the Wireless Air Sensor Datasheet.
78 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Air sensor is discrete and works well as an individual temperature sensor in the app but struggles to integrate with other programmers via the hub gen 2 for me.
easy to set up and integrate into existing system
Easy to install.
The remote air sensors are a great idea in theory, though in practice leave a lot to be desired! On the 2 that I purchased one was 1.7°c out and the other was as much as 2.3°c out, with no way to calibrate or a software offset to compensate, making them next to useless. One of them has also been sat at 20.5°c for 2 days without altering even though I have checked and know the temperature has changed by several degrees(noted on 2 separate thermometers.
It is simple enough to setup and use.
Small, simple, easy to use. Can not be any less difficult to expand your thermostatic set up.
Inaccurate temperature measurements
Works as intended
Works exactly as expected. And small! about size of 50 pence piece, but fatter!